ATDC-JUKI Tech Innovation Centre
In a move to bridge the gap between the Apparel Industry’s awareness about new technologies being brought to India, ATDC has collaborated with JUKI Corporation and set-up a ‘ATDC-JUKI Tech Innovation Centre’ in Gurgaon and another upcoming ‘ATDC-JUKI Tech Innovation & Industry Hub’ in Bengaluru. This serves as a bridge of confluence between apparel industry, JUKI experts & ATDC Knowledge resources and is a platform for Technical Research, Upgradation of Faculty and Industry resources along with conducting industry oriented training effectively.
The ATDC -JUKI TECH Innovation Centre is the state of the art interactive, demonstration, training and meeting facility at ATDC SMART TOT Academy, Gurgaon. This was launched on 17th January, 2013 at NHO, Gurgaon.
A key MoU between ATDC and JUKI Corporation to set up an ATDC-JUKI TECH Innovation and Industry Hub (ATDC-JUKI TIIH) at ATDC-Bengaluru, Karnataka, was signed between Dr. Darlie O. Koshy, DG & CEO, ATDC & IAM and Mr. Toshiyuki Yamanaka, Managing Director, Juki India Pvt. Ltd. in the presence of an Indian delegation led by Dr. Kavuru Sambasiva Rao, Hon’ble Union Minister of Textiles, GOI, initiated an MoU with JUKI Corporation in Tokyo, Japan, on November 25, 2013.
ATDC-JUKI Tech Innovation & Industry Hub aims to:
- Showcase the Advance Technologies and state of art machines, which may not be easily available at all ATDC Centres and Export Houses.
- Organise new training programmes and seminars for ATDC faculty resources and Industry personnel that focus on new technologies which enhance productivity and quality while providing cost effective solutions to the Apparel Industry.
- Conduct programmes related to Sustainable Fashion.
- Encourage Applied and Basic Research approach to replace the traditional technologies and processes by modern and innovative methods for strengthening the Apparel Industry.
- The “Research Fellowships” launched for postgraduate students and professionals for “Applied Research” in Apparel Industry.