ATDC is the largest quality Vocational Training Provider (VTP) dedicated to the Apparel Sector under the aegis of AEPC. Registered as a Society under Societies Act in 1991 ATDC, was approved as a Nodal Agency by the Ministry of Textiles, GoI in the year 2010 for implementing Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS) of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and by training over 3 Lakh candidates under ISDS and during the decade. ATDC participates in RFP of various Central and State Government Agencies in 23 states across India including the State Skill Missions, NSDC, MSD&E etc. In the last decade over 3,00,000 candidates have been trained through ATDC Pan-India network of about 127 centres with about 75% wage placements. In the last decade over 3,00,000 candidates have been trained through ATDC Pan-India network of about 127 centres with about 75% wage placements.
Vision & Mission
For a country of India’s size with such a huge ‘demonstrable’ and ’employable skills’ has become critically important. Textile and Apparel industry being spread far and wide in every nook and corner of the country not only provides wage and self-employment to millions of people but has the capacity to transform many clusters of rural economy to ‘Apparel Industry Driven’ if properly nurtured. The ATDC is a dedicated Vocational Training Provider and has the largest number of directly run Training Centers for the Apparel Sector and is the single Largest Pan- India Training Provider for a specific Vocational Trade in India. ATDC’s Vision is encapsulated in “Imparting Skills, Improving Lives & Innovating Future” .
- Impart Practical Training
- Meet the needs of Fashion Industry
- Assist Artisans, Craftmen, Designers & Exporters
- R&D Activities
- Collaborate with Institutions
- Provide skilled and well trained industry- ready human resources to the textile–apparel value chain in order to improve the technical and design edge in apparel manufacturing and merchandising as per international benchmarks.
- Generate employment opportunities for weaker sections of the society by providing them training in the field of apparel design, manufacturing and merchandising and allied areas.
- Upgrade the technical and technological skills of human resources to improve quality, productivity, efficiency levels of the downstream Apparel Industry in particular.
- Equip the candidates with Soft- Life skills in addition to domain skills to cope with rapidly changing performance parameters in real-life job situations.